*Recipient of Grand Prize, Best Delegate, Outstanding Performance and Honorable Mention will be invited to Hanyang University Seoul Campus for award ceremony. (*수상자 한양대학교 서울캠퍼스 초청 상장 수여식 진행) Participants who successfully complete HMUN programs will be given Participation Certificates approved by the Dean of Hanyang University School of International Studies (HYSIS). Delegates of each committee with outstanding performance will be selected to be recipients of Best Delegate Award, Outstanding Performance and Honorable Mention. All delegates will also be provided with a Delegate Kit composed of Hanyang University and HMUN materials (Rules of Procedures, Name Tag, Notepad, etc.) which can be utilized during and after the HMUN conference.
2. Hope to the Future Association
As a sponsor organization of Hanyang Model United Nations, Hope to the Future Association (미래희망기구) will provide the following: - Certificate issued by Hope to the Future Association - Advancement into the main round of Global Leadership English Challenge (GLEC) (GLEC 본선진출) - Priority granted for participation in World Citizen Education, UN Training, and Model UN programmes hosted by Hope to the Future Association - [Limited to award winning university students] Participation in Hope to the Future Association Internship Programme
3. Orientation Session (10/21 13:00 - 15:00)
The orientation session will be comprised of two major categories: 1. Lectures by Guest Speakers and Professors In the orientation session, special guest speakers and professors from Hanyang University will deliver lectures for each committee regarding their respective agenda items and current international issues related to the topic. The lectures will allow participants to broaden their knowledge and perspectives on the agenda ahead of the actual discussions during the main conference session.
2. Chair Explanations on Rules of Procedure (ROP) and Agenda After the lectures, Chairs of each committee will brief the delegates on the Rules of Procedures (ROPs) for the HMUN II. As ROPs vary across the MUN conferences, delegates must be well-informed of the HMUN's ROPs prior to the conference. Further, Chairs will give brief elaboration on the background of the agenda item using the Chair Reports, including how the delegates can discuss and present, and amend and write resolutions.
4. Interaction with Hanyang University Students and the Secretariat
Throughout the conference, all delegates will be able to thoroughly communicate with the secretariat, consisted of Hanyang University Students.
Invitation of Award Recipients to Hanyang University Seoul Campus Award winning delegates with outstanding performance from each committee will be given the chance to interact with students from Hanyang University School of International Studies (HYSIS) and other departments. HMUN will invite award recipients to Hanyang University Seoul Campus for award ceremony and mentoring sessions.
5. Online Conference Experience
This year’s HMUN conference will be held via video conference platform Zoom and other virtual discussion platforms such as Google Classroom. Participants will gain fresh and valuable exposure to the online running of a high-level conference, at a time when an increasing number of conferences are taking place online.